[Xapian-discuss] Xapian and PHP

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed May 4 10:29:44 BST 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 08:30:02AM -0400, info at bannershift.com wrote:
> I found a lot of posts about PHP, SWING and Xapian.
>
> I have never worked with SWING, and I am not a guru of PHP.

It's "SWIG" not "SWING", but you don't need to worry about it anyway.
SWIG is run by me when I make the source tarball, so you don't even need
to have it installed.

Just install xapian-core and PHP4 (you probably need the "php4-dev" or
similarly named package if using a package manager), then download and
unpack xapian-bindings, and configure and build as with most other
packages.  Currently xapian-bindings defaults to building bindings for
all the languages you have suitable tools for, but you can control
this by passing options to configure -- see "./configure --help".

> I would like to get any example how I can work with Xapian using PHP.

There are some examples and documentation in xapian-bindings.  Look at
php4/docs/bindings.html and in php4/docs/examples/.