[Xapian-discuss] Mac OS X building...

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Oct 2 01:01:13 BST 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 04:32:50AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> Sourceforge have a couple of OS X boxes, so I've just tried building the
> Python bindings on OS X 10.1.4.  I can't get it to link with or without
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET set (or whatever I set it to).  The other box
> was 10.2.8 last time I checked but it's currently down.  When it comes
> back I'll check there too.  If that fails to link whatever
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is set to, there's really no argument for not
> setting MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET.

OK, the Python bindings fail to link on both MacOS X 10.1.4 and 10.2.8,
whether or not MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is set, and whatever I try to
set it to.  So I've made configure now force it to be set to 10.3
if it's unset or set to a lower version (similar to the SciPy code
Chris posted).  I've made this conditional on $host_os matching darwin*
which again is similar to the SciPy code.

I don't have access to a newer MacOS X box for testing this though, so
would be grateful for confirmation that this fix works, either when the
next release comes out, or in a snapshot:

http://www.oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/trunk/