[Xapian-discuss] Merging two or more databases with quartzcompact

Christiano Anderson anderson at pegasus.eti.br
Mon Sep 26 18:48:02 BST 2005

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who helped me on my last
questions. Xapian is a great software, it is working very well for me.

For now, I have one more question! :)

Is it possible and safe to use quartzcompact to merge two or more
databases into one bigger?

For example, I need to merge three databases: mydb01, mydb02 and
mydb03. I would run following command, resulting a bigdb with all databases:

$ quartzcompact mydb01 mydb02 mydb03 bigdb

Is it safe to run like this? Will Xapian rewrite all docids to avoid
duplicates?

Thanks again,

Christiano