Python 2.1 (was Re: [Xapian-discuss] Bindings, snapshots, and automated tinderbox builds)

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Apr 1 17:10:17 BST 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:30:24AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> There's one which I have analysed but not fixed is that bindings don't
> work with Python 2.1 currently - "make check" segfaults while python is
> cleaning up before exiting (at least judging from the backtrace).

I just took another look at this.  I'm not seeing the segfault now, and
the only thing stopping Python 2.1 passing "make check" was that the new
"Pythonic iterators" require Python 2.2 to work.  I suspect the segfault
to be because I hadn't run "make clean" properly when switching my tree
from Python 2.2 to 2.1.