[Xapian-discuss] Getting started with Omega

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Apr 5 15:09:45 BST 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 05:59:32PM +1200, Georgina Allbrook wrote:
> However, in thinking about the issue it occurred to me that the command
> to call htdig2omega might need a full path to htdig2omega.script.
> Adding this in seems to work and now delve shows that the documents do
> contain information.

Oops, it seems we aren't checking if we actually managed to open the
index script!  So if you give the wrong path, it just silently ignores
the problem and adds empty documents.  Sorry about that - I've just
checked in a fix.

> I have since attempted to run htdig2omega against a 3.2b6 database and
> am getting the following error
> Caught exception in UNIQUE!
> E: Key too long: length was 258 bytes, maximum length of a key is
> BTREE_MAX_KEY_LEN bytes
> Exception: Key too long: length was 258 bytes, maximum length of a key
> is BTREE_MAX_KEY_LEN bytes
>
> Is it possible or easy to increase BTREE_MAX_KEY_LEN?

No.  Unless you've modified htdig2omega.script, this must be due to
having rather long URLs.  In omindex we use a hashing scheme on long
URLs to avoid this issue - scriptindex should allow you to do the
same (but currently doesn't).  I'll see if I can fix that.