[Xapian-discuss] Another PHP 5 wrapper...

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Apr 14 04:18:35 BST 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 07:59:48PM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> You know that the php swig bindings are object bindings too?

The object version generated by SWIG doesn't work with PHP5 though.
Kevin seemed to think it wasn't possible to get it to due to differences
in how PHP4 and PHP5 work internally.

We don't currently enable generation of the object version.  I
originally disabled it because it had stopped working (due to changes
elsewhere in SWIG I assume), but that's now fixed.  I've left it
disabled because it seemed unhelpful to have radically different APIs in
PHP4 and PHP5.  However, if we're adding OO wrappers for PHP5, we might
as well turn the PHP4 objects back on.