[Xapian-discuss] 0.9.3+ bindings and php5

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Feb 21 09:59:21 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:26:50AM -0700, gervin23 wrote:
> i noticed php5 is now supported, however ./configure isn't seeing it.
> here's a snippet from running ./configure:
> -----
> checking for php-config... /usr/bin/php-config
> checking for ... no
> checking for php5... no
> checking for php... no
> -----
>
> 'php-config --version' reports '5.0.5-pl5-gentoo'

It's not a huge problem if configure fails to find the php interpreter
as the build system only uses it for "make check".  All the vital
information comes from php-config.  However, it should be found if
it's there.

What does this report:

which php5

If that doesn't find it, then configure won't.  If php5 is actually on
the path, can you send me config.log (if it's large, gzip/bzip2 and send
it direct).