[Xapian-discuss] Optimization and Load balancing with Xapian

David Levy dvid.levy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:36:42 GMT 2006

Ok for the directory :)

Here are some results :

(time /usr/local/lib/omega/bin/omega DB=products P=xxxxxxx SORT=3)

test paris
real    0m5.130s
user    0m0.035s
sys     0m0.039s

paris france
real    0m19.902s
user    0m0.049s
sys     0m0.116s

new york
real    4m10.437s
user    0m0.459s
sys     0m1.601s

that's crazy :)

maybe because today i don't hae many available RAM (i use most of my RAM to
test RAMDISK for xapian on this server)

what should i see with this figures ?

regards

--