[Xapian-discuss] I need a function set_sort_by_relevance_then_value()

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Feb 28 20:37:08 GMT 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 04:04:14AM +0900, Sungsoo Kim wrote:
> Without set_sort_by_relevance_then_value() how can I get the same result?

I don't think you can.

But note that for your plan to work you'd need to have all documents
the same length, or you use a weighting scheme which ignores document
length.  That's why sort_by_relevance_then_value isn't implemented -
it's rare for two documents to score exactly the same relevance with
BM25.