[Xapian-discuss] How to build a shopping product categorization system?

oscaruser at programmer.net oscaruser at programmer.net
Tue Jul 25 19:25:00 BST 2006

Folks,

We wanted to build up a shopping style categorization tree and was wondering if there are any features of Xapian that may help us with this goal. Basically it works like this, we have a predefined tree of categories e.g.

Apparel & Accessories -> Clothing -> Women's Apparel -> Business Casual -> Blazers

Is there a way to modify the index script (passed to scriptindex) to associate this information with the URL or Xapian record such that when a search is executed against a search term, the categorization information appears in a structured fashion defined by our omega template?

title : weight=3 index truncate=80 field=caption
url : field=url hash boolean=Q unique=Q
html : unhtml index truncate=250 field=sample

Thanks,
OSC