[Xapian-discuss] Flint, UTF-8 and "large" documents

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Oct 3 17:11:46 BST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 08:49:55AM -0700, John Wang wrote:
> I'm currently using the 0.9.6 svn 7230 UTF-8 snapshot tarball with a Flint
> backend and the Perl bindings.
>
> When I load a certain collection, the above configuration will create an
> index that seems corrupted when I go to open it. I can't find an indication
> of anything going wrong while I'm building the index. When I go to open it
> for reading immediately after building, I get the following:
>
>  *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x0acb6ab0 ***
>  Aborted

The database isn't corrupt - I introduced a bug in Flint shortly before
creating the UTF-8 branch, and fixed it in HEAD but not the branch.

I don't think there's an easy workaround, other than to use Quartz
instead.  Probably the simplest fix is for me to merge changes from
HEAD onto the branch, as I'll need to do that at some point anyway.