[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu packages for Xapian 0.9.7

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Oct 13 02:01:49 BST 2006

I've prepared Debian and Ubuntu packages for Xapian 0.9.7.  There are
binary packages for i386 and amd64.

Debian
======

The debian packages are for unstable/testing and stable.  The library
version has increased, so xapian-core is currently in the "NEW" queue
awaiting manual approval:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Hopefully it will be processed in a few days, but meanwhile you can get
binary packages for i386 and amd64, and source packages for any arch
from http://www.xapian.org/debian/ - see the download page for details
of how to use this automatically from apt:

http://www.xapian.org/download.php#deb

Once Debian release etch, I intend to phase out backports to the current
Debian stable release and provide backports to etch instead.

Ubuntu
======

I've built Ubuntu packages for breezy, dapper, and edgy (again with
binary packages for i386 and amd64).

I only remembered that I said I'd discontinue breezy packages after they
were already built and uploaded:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/3048

But this really will be the last release with breezy packages, especially
since edgy is due for release this month.

Sadly, it seems like only xapian-core will be in edgy, despite my
prodding, so I intend to provide packages for edgy and dapper for the
next 6 months or so.