[Xapian-discuss] xapian 1.0.0 / 1.0.1 fatal problem

Alexander Lind malte at webstay.org
Wed Jun 13 00:38:07 BST 2007

Olly Betts wrote:
> It's hard to follow if you top-post when you reply, especially if you
> then reply to yourself repeatedly!

Sorry boss!
> Alexander Lind:

> It is supposed to be like that.  There's rationale for the various
> changes here:
>
> http://www.xapian.org/docs/termgenerator.html

Ah, there we go.

> The expectation is that from now on, most people will index text with
> (the new class) Xapian::TermGenerator, and parse query strings with
> Xapian::QueryParser.  Hence QueryParser works with terms as produced by
> TermGenerator.

Gotcha. I need to start using TermGenerator in my index script.
> I guess all your terms are stemmed and have no prefix?  I'm certainly
> happy to have QueryParser configurable to support other sensible
> "stemming strategies" provided the code remains maintainable, and
> "STEM_ALL but with no Z prefixes" seems suitable.

Your guess is correct. I just hadn't paid attention to the new
TermGenerator stuff, which I will check out now. Sounds like using that
will work for me, so I probably won't be needing any such functionality
from queryparser.

Cheers
Alec