[Xapian-discuss] PHP5 example don't understand

iX Gamerz ixgamerz at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:36:04 GMT 2007

Thanks for your very helpful answers,(... I begin to undestand how it
works...)

I try to use the line  "php newfile.php /var/lib/xapian-omega/data/default/"
to test the CLI.
The first time, it seems to work but was completely freezed after a few
minute, I close the window.

The second time, I try the script, I receive the folowing error:

/var/www/xapian$  php newfile.php /var/lib/xapian-omega/data/default/

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DatabaseLockError:
Unable to acquire database write lock
/var/lib/xapian-omega/data/default//db_lock' in
/var/www/xapian/xapian.php:1059
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/xapian/xapian.php(1059):
new_writabledatabase('/var/lib/xapian...', 1)
#1 /var/www/xapian/newfile.php(56):
XapianWritableDatabase->__construct('/var/lib/xapian...', 1)
#2 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/xapian/xapian.php on line 1059

I think that is a lock for a concurrent access, but now how Can I remove the
lock?

Thanks for your help
Best regards
Ix