[Xapian-discuss] Help with weights

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Jul 2 01:54:00 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 04:15:53PM -0700, Robert Kaye wrote:

> Let me ask a specific question -- in my release index (an index of CD
> titles, essentially) I have a field called type. When the value of
> this field is "album" I give it a termcount of 100. All other values
> for this field and all other fields get a termcount of 1.

I assume you're using scriptindex, and are turning that scriptindex
input field into a term (probably a boolean term). Are you applying
the termcount *solely* to the type field? That won't do much here, and
other emergent properties are giving you the result you see.

If you're bumping the termcount to 100 for all terms you generate for
a Xapian document with type=album, that's a different matter. From
your description, I don't think you are doing - can you confirm one
way or the other?