[Xapian-discuss] locate and omega: how to index file names?

tindal davide.natalini at gmail.com
Wed May 7 22:30:01 BST 2008

Olly Betts wrote:
>>> modtime should be a Unix timestamp (number of seconds since midnight,
>>> 1st January 1970).
>> I didn't notice the specification of the "date" action, but it claims it
>> should work with "yyyymmdd" format, too, but it doesn't (at least for me)
>
> Note that "2008-05-06" isn't "yyyymmdd" - you need to drop the dashes to
> give "20080506".

yeah, I did notice that, but it doesn't work anyway
I think James is right: that's not a "date" action problem, but a
$date{} command one

let me say that the documentation isn't the best one could think (I
would expect at least some more examples), but you guys are very kind
and willing to help, thanks for that :-)

> Cheers,
>     Olly

Cheers
tindal