[Xapian-discuss] perl binding examples

NM phasor6 at cjmciver.com
Thu Apr 16 23:57:10 BST 2009

Hi all,

My partner and I are looking for some xapian help.  If anyone is
interested in making a few bucks, write me privately and we can
discuss further.

What we want isn't difficult for one of you guys, I'm sure.  I've
done some work with perl and have a series of xapian databases
for storing keywords for documents.  But we now need to add actual
fields to it which we can search on (a document date, for example)
and that much is beyond me. I don't enough time to continue
researching it, and can't really find any sufficient perl examples
on the net to help me get started.  At this point it's likely far
more economical to hire someone who already knows how to do it.

It doesn't necessarily need to be done via perl bindings.  C++ is
likely fine also, provided I can interface with it from perl (on
a linux/ubuntu system).  Probably, if the C++ program(s) allows
for both indexing and searching via command line, I can take it
from there.

Let me know privately if you can and would like to assist.  If this
discussion forum is not the appropriate place to make this request,
please accept my apologies.  If so, any pointers on where to go for
this kind of xapian help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Neil