[Xapian-discuss] Returning "fresh" results only from multiple DBs

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Jan 18 11:06:22 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 08:26:26AM +0200, Henry wrote:
> How about extending set_collapse_key() to accept two or more arguments
> (a-la MultiValueSorter)?  or, more cleanly I suppose, code a new
> method to create a "collapse_key" object which is a composite list of
> keys to collapse on, which is used as an arg to set_collapse_key()?

We probably should support something like this.

> Which one would require the least amount of coding (and API disruption)?

Xapian::Sorter could just be used as-is to build a key for collapsing
too.  It's a shame that we didn't think about this possible reuse before
adding it to the API as the name seems rather less good now.

But this still won't change that you couldn't implement the "fresh
results" thing using collapsing.  Or is your question not related to
that?