[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu packages

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri May 15 10:25:05 BST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 04:41:47AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> Ubuntu now provide signed Personal Package Archives (PPAs) on launchpad
> so I've created a xapian-backports team with its own PPA, and uploaded
> backported packages of 1.0.10.  As a bonus, this builds for the lpia
> architecture as well as the x86-64 and x86 I've previously been able to
> offer.  You can find the packages and instructions for use here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~xapian-backports/+archive/ppa

I've updated these to 1.0.12 and also added backported packages of
Search::Xapian 1.0.12.0.  The Search::Xapian packages aren't available for
Ubuntu 6.06 (codenamed dapper) because their packaging relies heavily on
new features in debhelper 7 and dapper only has debhelper 5.

Packages of 1.0.12 are now in the Debian archive for unstable and testing.
I'll try to sort out backports of these on backports.org shortly.

> I've not updated the download page yet - I'd like to get any problems
> shaken out by mailing list readers rather than casual visitors, as
> I think I'm more likely to hear about them that way!

I've now updated the download page too.