[Xapian-discuss] Error after upgrading to latest xapian distro

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 22 09:30:12 BST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 01:05:39PM -0700, Ash Gupta wrote:
> I upgraded to latest xapian version and I have started getting
>
> xapian.InvalidArgumentError: Term too long (> 245): XTEXT...
>
> This issue was not there in 1.0.16 but it is in the latest version.

This check was adding in 1.0.3, so I think it's merely coincidental that
you didn't see it with 1.0.16 - if you indexed the same data with
1.0.16, you'd get the same error.

And the limit was there prior to 1.0.3, it's just that you would get
the error at some later point - see http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/44
for more information.