[Xapian-discuss] Xapian.org design

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 17 00:54:50 BST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 04:27:29PM -0700, Kevin Duraj wrote:
> But definitely having Oligarchy Ltd and Lemur Consulting Ltd on the
> front page will create better sales pitch than having it in separate
> support page. :-)

I don't think they belong there really.  The home page of a FOSS project
site isn't the appropriate place for a sales pitch.  That list is likely
to grow with time too (there's already Celestial Navigation missing).

We want to let people know that commercial support is available should
they want it, but we don't need to thrust a list of companies in front
of every visitor to the site the moment they walk in the door.