[Xapian-discuss] More relevance for recent documents

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 24 16:21:37 BST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:23:46PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:55:24AM +0200, Vít??zslav Pl??ek wrote:
> > Would be solution possible in PHP where is still some problem with
> > subclasing Xapian classes?
>
> Unfortunately not, since you'd need to subclass PostingSource.

I seem to have managed to resolve the issues which prevented us updating
to a version of SWIG which supports directors for PHP, so subclassing
C++ classes in PHP should now work in trunk (and this should go into
1.2.6 unless we find something wrong which we can't fix in time).

There's one wrinkle left, but it can be worked around (see the patch in
ticket 488, search for FIXME):

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/488