[Xapian-discuss] Most efficient update of already existing document?

Do. do1 at yandex.ru
Mon May 30 22:50:29 BST 2011

Hello,

What is the most efficient way to update some content of document with new info gathered later after it's first indexed?
For example I first index a lot of documents text (lets say it's mailbox), and after all documents are indexed I determine each document uniqued ID (which I wasn't able to determine on initial indexing) and I want update all documents with this ID.

As I understood API there is only way to update document is to replace it. But I don't know how effective/fast is that replacement. What is better way to store new ID in document (that will be single change) that will be updated most efficiently by replace: term, data, or value?

Best regads.