Weighting recent results

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue May 3 13:15:01 BST 2016

On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 07:56:19AM -0400, Alex Aminoff wrote:

> Perhaps I am not understanding the basic concept, but I was figuring
> we would just write a subclass of PostingSource in C++ that does
> what we want, and not bother with the perl bindings. Is that not
> possible? I realize that ideally we would develop the general
> solution and share our code out to the community, but I assume that
> would be more work.

You should be able to subclass in C++ and then bind out to Perl to use
it fairly easily. What would probably be more useful than having
public, re-usable code is your experiences in using this approach to
balance probabilistic weighting with reverse date weights.

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org