PuTTY 0.53 is released
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:26:17 +0100
PuTTY version 0.53 is released
All the pre-built binaries, and the source code, are now available
from the PuTTY website at
New features in this release include:
- We now support simple printing, controlled from the SSH/Telnet
- PuTTYgen can now import and export OpenSSH and ssh.com's SSH2
private key formats.
- We now supply an installer for download, as well as continuing to
supply the individual executables and ZIP files we always have
done. Those people who want to avoid installers can still do so;
those people who prefer them can have one.
- PuTTY now supports proxies: SOCKS, HTTP and simple Telnet.
- More configurability.
- Lots of bug fixes. In particular, high-traffic port forwarding
applications should find much more stability.
Enjoy using PuTTY!
Simon Tatham "Happiness is having a large, warm, loving,
<email@example.com> caring, close-knit family in another city."