[Snowball-discuss] Hungarian, Lithuanian and Slovakian stemmers?

George Michael Pearson G.M.Pearson@damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 23 23:53:03 2003

Hi Martin,

I don't know yet whether our partners will be able to summon any resources
to help - but I've set them the task of asking around. We're creating a
multilingual mathematics thesaurus - a not very interesting version of
this is at http://thesaurus.maths.org. This is being ported to the
Noosphere engine that runs http://planetmath.org. Noosphere uses a perl
Porter(?) stemmer to create hyperlinks between its encyclopaedia entries.
I'm internationalising the code for our partners, so that's why the issue
arises.

I have some hope that something will emerge from Hungary as they are
furthest ahead with translation work in the project, and have some
relevant linguistic/computational experience nearby.

Mike

--
Mike Pearson	PLUS  	http://plus.maths.org.uk   (webby winner-science)
		NRICH	http://nrich.maths.org.uk