[Snowball-discuss] So which source tree is the right one?

Dmitry Serebrennikov dmitrys@earthlink.net
Thu Jun 5 14:36:01 2003

Greetings Snowballers,

I just checked out the CVS tree but then realized that there are
actually two source trees to choose from...

Judging by the fact that latest changes were made to the snowball module
in CVS rather then the website one, I guess this is where the best stuff
is found. But since it seems that the tree is being actively moved and
established, maybe it's not yet ready? It certainly looks much nicer! :)

Also, from the looks of it, I may be able to help here and there with
the new tree. I already added a language flag to the sample program so
it does not require recompilation and now I am finding that I'd like to
make a few changes to the make file to make it build the Java stemmers...

I guess I am looking to find out what's hapenning with the tree and what
the plans are, so that I can get production-ready code for my use and
also steer my own efforts in a way the would be helpful to you'all.

Thanks.
Dmitry.