[Snowball-discuss] BSD License conditions

Richard Boulton richard@tartarus.org
Tue Feb 17 22:28:02 2004

Hi John.

Just to add to what Martin said - the BSD license means that you are not
obliged to disclose to third parties (eg, us) any fixes you make to the
snowball code.  However, I suggest that if you (or any other people
using the code) find any problems, or make useful improvements, you
consider sending them back to us for inclusion with the existing project
(under the BSD license).

This is good partly because it gives something back to the project, but
also because it means less work for you since it is then easier for you
to benefit from other improvements made to the public code.  In
addition, if you have any queries about how the system works, there's
then a chance that we'll be able to answer them.

--
Richard