[Snowball-discuss] Turkish Stemmer

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Wed Jan 17 15:06:37 GMT 2007

Evren Kapusuz wrote:
> I'd like to contribute it to Snowball.

Thank you for you contribution!  It is always great to have people
submitting new algorithms, particularly for languages we don't currently
support.

I'd like to include your work in snowball, and my first impressions of
the quality of your code are good, but obviously, we'll need to check
through it carefully before we add it to the main Snowball distribution.

I won't have time to look at your contribution in detail this week, but
hopefully I'll be able to look through it over the weekend or next week.
  Martin Porter has the final say on what algorithms are included in the
snowball project, and I imagine he'll take a look as soon as he is able.
  It may take us a few weeks to check through your work in detail, however.

Just to be clear, can I assume that you are willing and able to license
your work under the same BSD license as the rest of snowball?  We won't
be able to include the stemmer in the main distribution without your
agreement to this.  For reference, the text of this license is available
at http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.html - where, for your
stemmer, we would substitute:

<OWNER> = Evren Kapusuz
<ORGANIZATION> = Snowball project
<YEAR> = 2006

Best wishes, and thanks again for your contribution!

--
Richard