[Snowball-discuss] Russian letter YO

Martin Porter martin.porter at grapeshot.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 09:35:55 GMT 2007

Yes, I see no harm in adding your patch. My understanding is that YO is
only used when it is necessary to draw the reader's attention to the
distinction of YO and YE -- in dictionaries and grammars for example,
but I suppose it is also used to resolve ambiguities.

Do the other Russian users of snowball have a view on this?

I am busy with other work at the moment, and also looking into
Roumanian, but will take action on your submission soon.

Thanks,

Martin