[Snowball-discuss] Java implementation of the Portuguese stemming algorithm

Pedro Oliveira pcoliv at student.dei.uc.pt
Wed Nov 5 12:04:32 GMT 2008

I've just downloaded the stemmer from the webpage and it's working. The
Class (it is very useful when using an IDE).
Since the filename was edited to portuguese_java.txt, it is better to
delete the "public" statement in the class declaration, i.e.,
public class PortuguesePorterStemmer{
goes to
class PortuguesePorterStemmer{

This way users only have to rename the portuguese_java.txt to
portuguese_java.java and use it. Otherwise, users have to rename the
file to PortuguesePorterStemmer.java, since a public class must have a
file with the same name.

Regards,
Pedro Oliveira