[Snowball-discuss] latin stemmer -> java

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Mon Nov 30 18:16:53 GMT 2009

2009/11/30 Dirk Rothe <d.rothe at semantics.de>:
> I've tried to build a java-version of the the latin stemmer[1] with:
> ./snowball latin.sbl -j -n LatinStemmer -o LatinStemmer

There were a couple of bugs in the java generator (concerning features
not used by any of the other stemming algorithms, which has allowed
them to be missed until now).  I've just fixed them, and the stemmer
now compiles for me, so hopefully the latest version of the code on
the website will work better for you.

However, the error I was getting was quite different from yours, so
it's possible there's a remaining problem.  If so, please let me know
which java compiler you're trying to use.

--
Richard