[Snowball-discuss] Snowball doesn't recognize any .sbl programs

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Tue Nov 29 08:07:12 GMT 2011

On 28 November 2011 16:13, Craig Rairdin <craigr at laridian.com> wrote:
> Running on Mac OS X. Downloaded all the code. Tried executing the make file
> to build the library. Everything is OK until Snowball tries to process the
> first Snowball program.

I think this is a Mac OS X specific problem; I tried compiling a clean
checkout on Linux, and it worked fine.  On a Mac OS box, I get the
same result as you.  It's quite confusing, but I'll try and take a
look at what's going wrong in a bit.

Meanwhile, the generated sources seem to work fine for me on MacOS, so
if you're in a hurry I suggest building the stemmer code on Linux.

--
Richard