[Snowball-discuss] Snowball doesn't recognize any .sbl programs

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Tue Nov 29 09:01:01 GMT 2011

On 29 November 2011 08:07, Richard Boulton <richard at tartarus.org> wrote:
> I think this is a Mac OS X specific problem; I tried compiling a clean
> checkout on Linux, and it worked fine.  On a Mac OS box, I get the
> same result as you.  It's quite confusing, but I'll try and take a
> look at what's going wrong in a bit.

I've been poking into this, but still not found the exact cause.
However, I have found that using the alternative "clang" compiler on
OSX works; ie:

  make CC=clang

Also, compiling the snowball compiler without optimisations works, ie

  make CFLAGS=-O0

... however, this particular approach fails to build the example
stemwords program, because it fails to find the appropriate header
file, for reasons I can't yet discern.

--
Richard