[Snowball-discuss] Fwd: How to add Tamil Support to stemmer?

Shrinivasan T tshrinivasan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:03:23 GMT 2013

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

> What is supplied there is a stemmer written in snowball, rather than a
> patch. To get using it, I'd just dowload the snowball compiler,
> compile it into C or java, and follow the instructions for running it.
> Best help would probably come from the author (R,Damodharan ?).

The patch for stemmer for tamil language is here.
https://github.com/rdamodharan/tamil-stemmer/blob/master/snowball-tamil.patch

We apply the patch and compile stemmer to make it work with tamil language.

How to add the patch to the upstream stemmer?

--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com