[Snowball-discuss] how to use tamil stemmer written in snowball into php

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Nov 9 21:07:33 GMT 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 06:20:57PM +0530, Vigneshwaran Chandrasekaran wrote:
> I have Snowball stemmer in Tamil language..
> For English stemmer that available in Php(porter).
>
> I am doing stemming project in php so how to implement snowball stemmer
> into that php?
> what is the procedure for that?

I don't know of a tool to generate PHP code from the Snowball
descriptions of the stemmers.  A few have been implemented by hand in
PHP, but that's quite a laborious process.

My suggestion would be to wrap the generated C versions in a PHP module.
You can either write the glue code required by hand, or use a tool like
SWIG (http://swig.org/) to do that.