[Snowball-discuss] Ending work on snowball

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Nov 11 22:01:48 GMT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 08:05:19AM +0100, Richard Boulton wrote:
> The website, including the SVN repository, won't be going away in the near
> future - we'll just stop making changes to them.
>
> The code (and source code for the website) is already automatically
> mirrored to github: https://github.com/snowballstem

I think there's demand for snowball development to continue, so I
talked to Richard and he's made me an admin on the github project
(actually some time ago, but we failed to announce it until now).

I'm not currently planning any revolutionary changes - mostly I just
want to make sure that there's a central place to find bug fixes and
contributions of new stemmers.

We didn't talk about the website or mailing list.  I think it would
definitely be useful to continue to have a mailing list, and continuing
the existing one makes sense as existing subscribers won't need to do
anything, but I can create another if need be.  Putting up a new website
is less of an issue, though it would be good to at least add a note to
the existing one.