[Snowball-discuss] newbie snowball, Lucene, and openNLP

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Wed Mar 25 01:34:49 GMT 2015

I've just sent an email which hopefully clarifies the status of the
snowball project.  However, in response to your specific questions, Lucene
includes a copy of snowball, but doesn't contribute to snowball
maintenance.  Many other pieces of software also include snowball,
including Xapian, Postgres and also openNLP.  I don't know of any other
similar collection of stemmers to snowball that should be considered.