[Snowball-discuss] Estonian stemmer, and others

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Sep 20 05:07:44 BST 2023

I've merged the Estonian stemmer that was submitted about 4 years ago.
The main reason it has taken so long is the submitter never responded
to questions, so in the end I've attempted to resolve the points
raised (most of which were discrepancies between the algorithm
description, the Snowball implementation and the supplied vocabulary).

However I don't know the Estonian language at all so I've had to go on
what I could deduce based on online resources.  If anyone reading is
familiar with Estonian, I'd encourage you to try out the merged stemmer,
ideally before the next release (which I'd like to make this year, but
that depends how much time I can find for Snowball work).

I'm going to make a pass over all open tickets and PRs on github and try
to resolve as many as I can for the next release.  If there are
particular ones you're interested in, clicking the "subscribe" button on
those would help as I'm likely to have questions about many of them.