[Xapian-discuss] Python or PHP hangs when loading a cygwin Xapian module

Thomas Deniau thomas at deniau.org
Wed Feb 22 16:54:14 GMT 2006

Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> a écrit :

> Did you try compiling with "-mno-cygwin"?  That tells the cygwin-hosted
> gcc to compile for mingw (an unusual form of cross-compiling in a sense).
> Mingw uses the MSVC runtime DLL (or the CRTL runtime DLL depending how
> it is configured).

I've already tried.

When compiling with -mno-cygwin,

(a) without installing msys and mingw (the runtime is automatically installed
with cygwin though, but I'm talking about the compilers) make complains
because
it can't find cc1plus.
(b) after installing msys/mingw, the compilation starts properly but
the process
then fails and complains that it can't find the definition for the "no" bool
constant.

I've tried various configurations (configuring with cygwin and
compiling inside
msys, configuring & compiling with msys, configuring & compiling with cygwin
with -mno-cygwin...). I'm going to try installing mingw from cygwin instead of
installing it separately.

However, Patrick succeeded with the Python bindings and he didn't mention any
-mno-cygwin issue...

--
Thomas Deniau
"Unix is user friendly. It's just selective when choosing friends."